Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Appointed Governor-1509

Dear Diary,

In my life, I have completed many beneficial goals and accomplished the unsuspected. The voyages and expeditions I have gone on have mostly been successful, but difficult in several ways. All my successes have given me the great opportunity to be a governor. Former Hispaniola Governor, Nicolas de Ovando sent me to look for gold and I ended up taking five very large vessels and two hundred people to work with me. Successfully, we did find gold and also established another colony along with creating a foundry for refining the gold. Then, my workers and I found the town of Caparra that was near a large and gorgeous bay around the north coast. Now, King Ferdinand of Spain is appointing me, Juan Ponce de Leon, as the very first, initial governor of the land. Tomorrow there will be a ceremony to honor my great accomplishments and my loved ones and fellow peers will give me recognition. My goal to be a prosperous governor is to make strong, intellectual, and fully put-together decisions. My achievements are finally being acknowledged.

No comments: