Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An arrow in my neck-1521



Dear diary,




I have unfortunate news; I have been shot with a poisonous arrow on my latest expedition. I sailed to Florida in one final search for the wonderful Fountain of Youth. A few days ago I landed on the southwest coast of Florida. Immediately we were brutally attacked by the Calusa Indians. My men and I sprang into action and fought back with all our strength. They ran at us with bow and arrows screeching in high-pitched voices, it was like a pack of animals running in a formation. They were very skilled fighters and knew how to hit an opponent’s weak ends. They not only used land attacks but also oceanic attacks, I could immediately tell that they had done this before and we were nothing new to them. They outsmarted us and soon before I knew it I had something logged in my neck. I felt a great pressure and warmth around the wound. I looked down to have my eyes bestowed upon a wooden, hand carved arrow. There was a metal point at the tip that contained a red liquid in it. I knew immediately my time was soon going to end and all would go black. I was very lucky and stayed awake, I sat down and saw my entire crew retreat to the ships and leave. I was left there on the warm ground, helpless; my faithful crew had failed me. They luckily have spared me my life and allowed me to go to a hospital; I am now in Havana Cuba. Every breath I take and every move I make it drains the energy out of me, I need to rest now.

No comments: